The best protein powders help you skip sugary, high carb, over-processed foods and save you hundreds of calories by serving as a meal replacement for 1-2 meals-a-day. Lose weight the healthy and natural way with David Kirsch’s appetite-satisfying Protein Plus! With 25 grams of the highest quality whey protein, 10 grams of Omega-3-rich organic flaxseed, 4 grams of fiber and loads of essential daily vitamins, Protein Plus makes for an incredibly nutritious breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack, at less than 200 calories. Unlike other protein shakes on the market, David’s Protein Plus provides high-quality nutrition without soy, added sugar or artificial ingredients. Available in vanilla, chocolate and mocha protein blends.
|Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 in|
Chocolate, Chocolate Monthly, Mocha, Mocha Monthly, Vanilla, Vanilla Monthly
HOW TO USE
To make a great tasting shake that will keep you full and satisfied for hours, mix Protein Plus with unsweetened almond milk or water and blend until smooth and creamy. You can also shake it up in the DK BlenderBottle®!
Note: Do not mix with milk, yogurt or fruit juice which are high in sugar, calories, fat.
Substitute the contents of one serving of Protein Plus powder for a meal as often as you want. For a wonderful treat, add a packet of Vitamin Mineral Powder or Super Charged Greens Blend®.
If you are trying to add lean muscle mass:
Aim for 5 meals per day. A combination of frequent meals of protein and carbs will keep your metabolism and muscle growth at a high. Eating right before and after your workout can also speed muscle growth. Fueling with protein and carbs within 1-2 hrs. of exercise provides your muscles with enough energy to build strength and burn fat more effectively. Eat a snack composed of carbs and protein 30 min. before your workout and eat protein right after. A Protein Plus shake and a baked potato are great options.
What’s in it?
Exclusive combination of vitamins, whey protein, concentrated amino acids, minerals and flaxseed concentrate:
- a rich source of protein — 25 grams of the highest quality appetite-satisfying whey protein.
- 10 grams of Omega3-and-Omega6-rich organic Flax Seed — an essential fatty acid that increases metabolic rate and fat burning.
- Folic acid — 50% RDA
- Biotin — great for skin, hair, nails
- Potassium — reduces blood pressure and soothes feelings of anxiety, stress and fatigue
- 5 grams of appetite-satisfying fiber contributes to daily RDI recommended range of 25-35g
- Vitamins A, C, D, E — giving you 50% RDA, plus antioxidants, that help fight cancers and heart disease.
- A healthy balance of protein and carbs: Protein to carb ratio is 25:9
- Only 3 grams of sugar carbs
- Available in chocolate, mocha and vanilla flavors
What is the difference between soy protein and whey protein?
Soy protein comes from soybeans, which is a legumes a source of carbohydrate. There are three problems with soy protein. The protein from soy is not complete; it is missing one of the essential amino acids called methionine. Most soy protein powders are fortified with this amino acid, making it complete. However, it is important to know that most soy protein products are processed using hexane and other toxic chemicals, which are not safe for the body. Also, the body does not easily absorb soy protein. It has a low biological value meaning that a significant percentage of the protein passes through your body unused. It is an inferior source of protein to whey protein. Additionally, soy protein can cause bloating and be estrogen-producing which, unless you are perimenopausal, can cause a whole host of problems.
Why is whey better?
Whey protein is the best source of protein, second to eggs. Whey protein is micro-filtered so fat and lactose are removed. Whey has the highest digestion/absorption levels of all proteins. It accelerates muscle development, increases antioxidant levels, and thus destroys free radicals. Whey provides the body with the building blocks necessary for each cell to produce Glutathione, the body’s master antioxidant and healing agent.
Isn’t whey protein just for athletes and body builders?
No, absolutely not. It has been the protein of choice for athletes and body builders because it is the most easily absorbed, purest source of complete protein available and it comes in a convenient powder that can be added to a variety of foods. It is so pure it is perfect for babies as soon as they are weaned off the breast, growing children (it strengthens bones), teenagers (it helps prevent and treat ADD and ADHD), and adults (especially busy ones). It is perfect for the aging because as you age, your ability to digest protein lessens and your muscles start to diminish. Whey protein isolate is very easily absorbed and is extremely anabolic– meaning it helps build muscle mass–and it is a powerful immune-booster, so it helps prevent sickness and disease.
Who needs it and why?
- Anyone who is trying to lose weight — each shake is only 180 to 190 calories for a satisfying breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack
- Anyone who needs healthier solutions for the “Fast-Fit Lifestyle” — it’s a nutritious yet time-saving solution, giving you half your protein RDA for the day
- Athletes in training — Protein Plus provides the amino acids muscles need to recuperate quickly
- Anyone who is lactose intolerant — whey protein has less than 1% lactose compared to other proteins
Why is it good for me?
- Great preventer of acne/breakouts and promoter of healthy hair/nails because of natural protein and vitamins A, C, D, E.
- Good for reducing cholesterol, improving joint health and digestion
- Good for balancing hormones and improving response to stress. Additionally, it contains brain-boosting ingredients.
How much do I take and when?
For those trying to lose weight, David recommends 2 daily — one for breakfast and one for dinner, and/or as a snack in between meals. For athletes in training, drink a shake 45 minutes post-workout.
Can I mix it with any type of milk?
Protein Plus should be mixed with water or unsweetened almond milk.
Can I use your Protein Powder if I am lactose intolerant?
Yes, David Kirsch’s MRP is made from 100% whey protein isolate which is lactose-free and is hypo-allergenic, meaning it rarely causes allergic reactions. Lower quality, cheaper protein products use blends including whey, soy and other protein derivatives. These often contain lactose and can cause allergic reactions including upset stomach, bloating and other digestive problems.
Anything else I need to know?
It’s low carb, low fat, with no sugar, artificial colors or flavors.
“I make smoothies with David Kirsch’s amazing protein powder, which is loaded with fiber and omega-3’s. I blend it with ice and some organic berries – it’s my favorite breakfast ever.” KERRY WASHINGTON
“I have tried many protein shakes. David’s protein tastes great and offers the perfect combination of vitamins, protein and flax. In the past year, I have lost 35 pounds through exercise and developing a healthy relationship to food.” Lynda S.