If you’re looking for a new turkey recipe this Thanksgiving, look no further. This is my new favorite recipe.
Ground Turkey Breast with Sautéed Shitake Mushrooms and Grape Tomatoes
1 pound of fresh ground turkey breast
1 pound of fresh shitake mushrooms sliced thin
1 cup of grape tomatoes halved
1 garlic clove halved
1 medium shallot sliced thinly
1 tbs of aged balsamic vinegar
1/8 tsp of dried sage
1/8 tsp of dried marjorum
1/4 tsp of dried rosemary
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Pinch of sea salt
Grapeseed oil or Sunflower oil cooking spray
- Pre – heat 2 sauté pans on medium high; liberally spray the pan,
- Add the garlic clove, then the sliced shallots and sauté stirring frequently
- Add the shitake mushrooms and sauté for about 10 minutes
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir
- Heat up the second sauté pan and spray liberally.
- Add the turkey breast and seasoning and sauté until turkey is cooked through
- Add the mushroom mix to the turkey and sauté for 1 – 2 minutes
- Add the tomatoes, stir
You are ready to eat! This is a great source of protein with the antioxidant and immune supporting benefits of shitake mushrooms and tomatoes.