Whether it’s early in the morning, and the thought of breakfast is less than appealing; you’re looking for a delicious post – workout fortifying shake; you want to curb mid – afternoon hunger pangs; or go light and have a shake for dinner, you are not alone. I’ve used my shake for any and all of the above reasons. For a quick, delicious and nutritious shake, I prepare one of my Protein Plus ® shakes.
- 1 package of naturally flavored and sweetened chocolate, vanilla or mocha protein plus packets.
- Mix with 10 – 12 ounces of almond milk (my favorite is Califia Farms Unsweetened Toasted Coconut Almond Milk),
- One packet of David Kirsch Wellness Super Charged Greens®
- Two teaspoons of chia seeds(contains healthy omega three fatty acids, calcium and antioxidants)
- One teaspoon of wheat germ (which provides plenty of B vitamins, fiber, vitamin E, phytosterols,to name a few of its nutrients)
- One teaspoon of organic cacao chips (all the antioxidant benefits of chocolate without the sugar and the calories)
- Handful of ice
My favorite blender is the Vitamix 750 – it makes the perfect smoothie. For a little added flavor (and calories too), I’ve been know to add one of the following: organic berries, banana and a teaspoon or two of fresh ground almond butter. Happy smoothie making!
Share your favorite smoothie recipes using any DK wellness product and your recipe could be featured in an upcoming email! Be sure to tag @davidkirsch