On the days that you don’t have time for cycling, swimming, running and clubbing (you actually do burn calories on the dance floor!), try the following “do it anywhere” cardio circuit.
You will do 15 – 20 repetitions of each exercise (if you’ve got more in the tank at 15, then push it to 20).
Take a 2 – 3 minute at the end of the circuit, make sure to stay hydrated and repeat the circuit one or two more times.
Are you ready to GET KIRSCHED?®
- BURPEES WITH A PUSHUP
- MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
- BOX JUMP SQUATS
- SHADOW BOXING
- SWITCH LUNGES
- PLYOMETRIC PUSHUPS
BURPEES WITH A PUSHUP
1) Start standing with feet shoulder-width distance apart and arms at your sides. Squat thrust into a pushup position and do a single pushup.
2) Jump back forward and return to standing.
3) Repeat 15 times.
1) From the push-up position in the squat thrust, bend your right knee and jump it in, bringing your right thigh under the right side of your torso.
2) Jump your right leg back as you simultaneously bend your knee and jump it in.
3) Continue alternating right and left for 15 to 30 seconds.
BOX JUMP SQUATS
1) Utilize a stable surface such as a box or a bench.
2) Stand with feet hips-width distance apart and arms at your sides in front of box or bench.
3) Squat and then explode upward landing in a squat on the box or bench.
4) Step down and repeat for 15 reps.
1) Grasp a dumbbell in each hand. Stand with your abs tight and your back flat. Punch your left fist out diagonally, ending at torso level in front of your right ribs, completing a crossover punch. Pull back as you bend your knees, as if you are ducking an incoming punch. Repeat on the other side as you extend your legs, driving up from your heels and into your butt. Repeat 20 to 30 times on each side.
2) With your left elbow against your ribs and your knuckles turned up, punch upward, as if you are punching someone in the jaw under the chin with an uppercut, trying to lift him off the ground. Pull back as you bend your knees, sitting back on your heels. Repeat with the other arm as you extend your legs. Repeat 20 to 30 times on each side.
3) Bring your bent left arm up so it is parallel with the floor. Throw a hook punch, as if you are trying to hit someone on the side of the jaw. Pull back as you bend your knees, sitting back on your heels. Repeat on the other side as you extend your legs. Repeat 20 to 30 times on each side.
1) Stand with right foot forward, left foot back, hands on hips.
2) Slowly lower into a lunge, then jump up, switch legs midair and launch in a lunge with left foot forward and your weight on the left heel.
3) Continue switching legs quickly, doing 15 lunges on each side.
1) Come into a push-up position with your knees and shins against the floor and your palms in the floor under your chest. (As you grow stronger, you can do plyometric push-ups with your legs extended and knees off the floor). Lower yourself into a push-up.
2) With a sudden, explosive burst, push yourself up, lifting your hands off the floor and clapping them together. Complete 10 to 15 repetitions.